Extensive cost reduction/value engineering, innovative
solutions for construction recycling
This project consisted of the demolition of two existing residence halls along with the selective demolition of McCormick Hall to create a new 170,000 square foot facility that bridges a major thoroughfare through the City of Normal. The facility consists of basketball courts, an indoor track, pools, aerobic spaces, and a climbing wall. The center includes classrooms, laboratories and office space for the School of Kinesiology and Recreation.
- Owner: Illinois State University
- Architect: PSA-Dewberry Inc.
- Status: Completed September 2010
- Superintendent: Doug Baker
- Project Manager: Mark Ward / Matt Maybanks
View Project Sheet